- Earn $50 as a statement credit when you use your Citi ThankYou Preferred Card to pay for your Rakuten.com Shopping purchase of at least $50 in the first 3 months account is open.*
- Earn 10,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months after account opening—redeem for a $100 gift card or other great rewards.†
2 Points per $1 spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment.††
Where do I earn more points?
- 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases.
- No points cap or expiration.
- Enjoy global acceptance and enhanced security with your Citi® Card with Chip at merchants that use chip terminals to accept payment.
Earn $50 back as a statement credit when you use your Citi ThankYou Preferred Card to pay for your Rakuten.com Shopping purchases of at least $50 in the first 3 months account is open. Offer available to new customers only. This statement credit will appear on the same statement in which the purchase hurdle of $50 is billed.
The standard variable APR for purchases for the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card is 12.99% , 17.99% or 22.99% based on creditworthiness. . The standard variable APR for cash advances is 25.24% . The variable penalty APR is up to 29.99% and may be applied if you make a late payment or make a payment that is returned. Minimum finance charge $0.50. Fee for Foreign Purchases — 3% of each purchase transaction in US dollars. Cash advance fee — either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee — Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. New cardmembers only. Subject to credit approval. Additional limitations, terms and conditions apply. You will be given further information when you apply.
10,000 bonus point offer: You will receive 10,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $1,000 in purchases are made with your Citi ThankYou Preferred Card within 3 months of account opening. Returned purchases do not qualify. Once these points post to your account, you may redeem them for a $100 gift card or other great rewards.
Citi ThankYou® Rewards
Citi ThankYou Preferred Card Terms and Conditions
Citi ThankYou Rewards is offered to certain cardmembers ("you") at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A. ("we"), the issuer of your card account ("Card Account"). ThankYou Rewards or any portion thereof may be revised or terminated with 30 days prior written notice. Any revisions may affect your ability to use the ThankYou Points you have already accumulated. If ThankYou Rewards is terminated, you will only have 90 days from ThankYou Rewards termination date to redeem all your accumulated ThankYou Points ("ThankYou Points"). Rewards offered by ThankYou Rewards and the ThankYou Point levels required for specific rewards are subject to change without notice.
Unless you are participating in a limited-time offer, you will earn:
•2 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at restaurants and on select entertainment merchants including sports promoters, theatrical promoters, movie theaters, amusement parks, tourist attractions, record stores and video rental stores;
•1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases.
- Restaurants are classified as dining establishments that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for take-out, and include bars, cocktail lounges, discotheques, nightclubs, taverns and fast food restaurants. Sports promoters are classified as merchants that operate and promote live sporting events (professional or semi-professional), and may also include sports stadiums. Theatrical promoters are classified as merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts, and include ticketing agencies. Movie theaters are classified as establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions. Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) are classified as establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows. Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries) are classified as establishments that operate attractions and exhibits for tourists. Record stores are classified as establishments that sell CDs and related items, including online record stores. Video rental stores are classified as merchants that rent DVDs and/or games and related equipment for consumer use, including online video rentals.
- We do not determine how merchants or establishments are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant’s primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores.
- You may earn ThankYou Points as long as your Card Account is open and current. If your Card Account is closed, you will not be able to earn ThankYou Points and you will lose any accumulated ThankYou Points that have not been transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, returned purchases, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, finance charges, Card Account fees, and fees for services and programs you elect to receive through us do not earn ThankYou Points unless otherwise specified.
- If you do not already have a ThankYou Rewards Member Account (“ThankYou Member Account”), one will be set up for you. ThankYou Points earned from purchases post to your Card Account at the close of each billing cycle, and at that time we will transfer the ThankYou Points you earned to your ThankYou Member Account. (Bonus ThankYou Points may take one to two additional billing cycles to post to your Card Account.) ThankYou Points are not eligible for redemption until they are transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. ThankYou Points may not be redeemed and may be lost if your Card Account is not open or current.